Living Green Facebook Page

Living Green Facebook Page
Click on the Picture and join me on Facebook for some great articles on how to live a green, happy, healthy life!

Friday, April 28, 2017

Old Diet Plan That I have Seen Work! And I am Not Starving!!!!

This diet has been called by many names over the years and dates back to the 50's and maybe even further back. I have read pros and cons so definitely do your homework. Keep in mind grapefruit can interfere with some medications. Please always check with your doctor before starting any diet. Okay now that is out of the way let's move on to my experience with this diet. 

When I was in my first year of high school my mother and father started this diet. They were both in their 40's at the time as I am now. And as I am now they wanted to lose the extra pounds they had packed on. I watched them lose a significant amount of weight with this meal plan. So I am trying it as well. 

It has been 5 days and I have lost a few pounds. The bonus for me is that I am not snacking in between meals and have no desire for snacks. I have also noticed I am not craving the sugar that I had been. I find the diet easy to follow and I am not starving myself. 

To some this is a short term solution but I do not see it that way. This is a way for me to get to the weight I want and then maintain that weight with healthy eating.  With the desire for sugar and snacking gone I feel like this was a great choice for me. 

The idea of this plan is to eat as specified below for 12 days and then off for 2 days. At that point I will go back on the plan and will stick with it for 3 rounds. I should be at my goal weight by then. I am currently 163 and aiming for 145.

Would love to hear the results others have had with this...

Breakfast
1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
2 Eggs (any style)
2 Slices Bacon

Lunch
1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
Meat (any style, any amount)
Salad (any kind of dressing)

Dinner
1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened)
Meat (any style, any amount) (fish may be substituted for meat)
Vegetables (any green, yellow, or red vegetables cooked in butter or any seasoning)

Bedtime Snack
1 glass tomato juice or 1 glass Skim milk

No comments:

Post a Comment